Ohio Home Energy Assistance Program applications are now available.
Call us at 1-800-331-2644 for details or contact your local community action program.
HEAP provides a one-time annual benefit to your main heating source account.
To apply for the program, customers are required to schedule an appointment with your local Community Action Program. Customers need to bring:
- a copy of their most recent energy bill,
- a list of all household members and proof of income for the last 90 days for each member
- proof of citizenship or legal residency, and
- physician documentation that cooling assistance is needed for a household member’s health (if there isn’t a household member over the age of 60).
- Click here for more required documentation information
Contact your local Community Action Program to enroll:
Athens, Hocking & Perry: HAPCAP
Meigs: Gallia-Meigs CAP
Monroe & Noble: GMN Tri-Co. CAP
740-472-0828 or 740-732-2388
Washington & Morgan CAP