In order to operate a Home and Community-based (HCBS) Waiver Program, the state must submit an initial waiver application to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Continuation of a waiver requires that the state submit a five-year waiver renewal application submitted at least 90 calendar days in advance of the approved waiver’s expiration date. In addition, a 30 day public comment period is required prior to submission.
PASSPORT Waiver Renewal:
The PASSPORT waiver expires 6/30/2018. In collaboration with the Ohio Department of Medicaid, the Department of Aging has prepared the waiver renewal package.
No significant changes in waiver design, administration, operations, or quality strategy are proposed in the renewal application. The waiver renewal includes:
• New unduplicated enrollment projections in Appendix B-3-a.
• New reserved capacity slots in Appendix B-3-c.
• New self-direction projections in Appendix E-1-n
• New cost neutrality estimates in Appendix J-2-a, -b, -c and -d.
A complete summary of the changes is outlined under Major Changes on page 1 of the waiver application.
Public Input Requested
The state is posting the PASSPORT renewal application for the public’s review and comment prior to submitting the request to renew the PASSPORT waiver to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid .
PASSPORT Waiver Renewal.
A non-electronic copy of the PASSPORT Waiver renewal application may be obtained by calling 1-855-926-0994.
Comments must be submitted by midnight of the comment period end date using one of the following options:
• E-mail: Waiverfeedback@age.ohio.gov
• Written comments sent to: Attn: PASSPORT Waiver Renewal
Ohio Department of Aging
Attn: Division for Community Living
246 North High Street, 1st Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
• Fax: (614) 466-9812 (please include Attn. PASSPORT Waiver Renewal in the subject line)
• Calling toll-free to leave a voicemail message at: 1-855-926-0994
• Courier or in-person submission to: Attn: Department of Aging, 246 North High Street, Columbus OH 43215