Chronic Disease Self-Management Leader Training
April 30, May 1, 7, & 8 from 9:00a—4:30p
Washington County Health Department – 342 Muskingum Drive in Marietta
Becoming a trained Leader for the Chronic Dis ease Self-Management Program takes only 4 days. Training is conducted by Certified Master Trainers.
There is no cost for this training.
Help others learn to takecontrol of their chronic diseaseand improve their quality of life.
To register: Amy Nahley at 740-374-2782 x3305 or email@example.com
- Techniques to deal with frustration, pain and fatigue
- Making informed treatment decisions
Falls Prevention Education Coach Training
June 12 from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Marietta Memorial Hospital ~ 1st-floor classroom
There will be a 30 minute lunch break; you may bring your own or order – menus will be provided during the morning break.
If you have:
– Experience and interest in working with older adults
– Knowledge about the special needs of older adults
– Good communication and interpersonal skills
– Experience with group process and facilitation
– Comfort with teaching, leading group discussion and role play
You are an excellent candidate for training!
For more information or to register contactAmy Nahley at 740-374-2782 x 3305 or firstname.lastname@example.org orBarb Fel ton at 740-374-1799 or email@example.com
There is no cost for this training. Leader Trainees must agree to schedule and implement two Matter of Balance workshop series within the first 12 months after completing their training.
After completing A Matter of Balance:
– 97% of participants are more comfortable talking about fear of falling
– 97% feel comfortable increasing activity
– 99% plan to continue exercising
– 98% would recommend MOB
This training is made possible by a partnership between theWashington County Health Department, the Memorial Health System and Buckeye Hills Regional Council.