Chronic Disease Self-Management Leader Training
July 9, 10, 11 & 12
9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
701 E. State St. Athens, OH
Becoming a trained Leader for the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program takes only 4 days. Training is conducted by Certified Master Trainers. There is no cost for this training. Help others learn to take control of their chronic disease and improve their quality of life.
To register contact: Joyce Lewis or Susan Pitts at 740-594-3535.
Lunch will be on your own.
- Techniques to deal with frustration, pain and fatigue
- Making informed treatment decisions
This training is made possible through a partnership between United Seniors of Athens County, Inc.; Buckeye Hills Regional Council and the Lifestyle Change Network.
Falls Prevention Education Coach Training for June is being Postponed!
If you have:
– Experience and interest in working with older adults
– Knowledge about the special needs of older adults
– Good communication and interpersonal skills
– Experience with group process and facilitation
– Comfort with teaching, leading group discussion and role play
You are an excellent candidate for training!
For more information contact Mindy Cayton at 740-376-7645.
There is no cost for this training. Leader Trainees must agree to schedule and implement two Matter of Balance workshop series within the first 12 months after completing their training.
After completing A Matter of Balance:
– 97% of participants are more comfortable talking about fear of falling
– 97% feel comfortable increasing activity
– 99% plan to continue exercising
– 98% would recommend MOB
This training is made possible by a partnership between theWashington County Health Department, the Memorial Health System and Buckeye Hills Regional Council.